"Stop pinching me!"
I couldn't help but post this picture of Aiden and Joanne.
It's a running theme in my family for the aunts/great aunts to try and kill the first born. My aunt Beth nearly drown me in Lake Michigan after I was reassured that water skiing at age 5 was perfectly normal. After about 25 yards of being pulled under heavy currents (becuase no one ever told me to let go of the rope...or was it that the skis were tied together...connected to my waist...kidding) everyone realized that perhaps this whole skiing thing wasn't going to work out at such a young age. Well, I believe I was back at it later that day or the following week. I forgive you aunt Beth.
A word of wisdom to Aiden...never leave our side! It's a dangerous world and even more dangerous family! Ha ha ha.
It's a running theme in my family for the aunts/great aunts to try and kill the first born. My aunt Beth nearly drown me in Lake Michigan after I was reassured that water skiing at age 5 was perfectly normal. After about 25 yards of being pulled under heavy currents (becuase no one ever told me to let go of the rope...or was it that the skis were tied together...connected to my waist...kidding) everyone realized that perhaps this whole skiing thing wasn't going to work out at such a young age. Well, I believe I was back at it later that day or the following week. I forgive you aunt Beth.
A word of wisdom to Aiden...never leave our side! It's a dangerous world and even more dangerous family! Ha ha ha.

You know, I'm surprised that all of us survived the Beucher family tradition of childhood waterskiing. The big family secret is that this was devised as a way to kill off the weakest cousins and let the strongest survive. I remember how Kevin also had a little incident in which he was not told to let go of the rope if he fell...guess you two are not the favorites! Luckily, it looks like we all passed the test. Aiden, my boy, get ready! You're next!
Let's not also forget that your Dad lured me into running at him when I was like 3 (imagine a charging bull at the matador) only to have him move out of the way. Oh yeah, there was a giant brass bell that I ran into and cracked my head open!
This explains a lot...
Sorry, but the story goes like this: Matt, you ran at your Uncle Dana and when he moved it was not a brass bell it was a 6' fountain/statue that you planted your face into. Needless to say you have never really trusted your Uncle Dana again. As Grandpa's old saying goes, "After laughing always comes crying"
» Post a Comment