Oh Christmas Tree...oh Christmas Tree...
Well I finally got around to posting a picture of our tree. I woke up this morning and noticed that the water basin was bone dry! After contemplating having to buy a saw and cut off an additional inch of truck to ensure that sap hadn't cut off the water supply...I decided I'm too lazy. We'll see if the tree soaks up the water I gave it today. Otherwise it's back to Menards for the millionth time this month.
The people at the tree farm in Plainfield said that sap would develop about 3-4 hours after cutting it so I should get it in water ASAP. Fine. But what about if it goes dry? Do I need to recut it? I can only imagine having this nice tree die before the big day...Aiden would be so upset.
Side note...there's a house in the neighborhood that has a tree in its front window (a 2 story living room with huge windows) that is seriously taken from Yosemite! It is probably a good 20 feet tall and about 12 feet wide! I have no idea how they got it in the house but we drive by every night ot marvel at the Rockafeller-style tree in their living room. It's now my mission to covertly get in their house, perhaps for a cup of sugar, and get a picture of this tree. I wouldn't be suprised if a family of bald eagles inhabited the top third of the giant evergreen!
Stay tuned...
The people at the tree farm in Plainfield said that sap would develop about 3-4 hours after cutting it so I should get it in water ASAP. Fine. But what about if it goes dry? Do I need to recut it? I can only imagine having this nice tree die before the big day...Aiden would be so upset.
Side note...there's a house in the neighborhood that has a tree in its front window (a 2 story living room with huge windows) that is seriously taken from Yosemite! It is probably a good 20 feet tall and about 12 feet wide! I have no idea how they got it in the house but we drive by every night ot marvel at the Rockafeller-style tree in their living room. It's now my mission to covertly get in their house, perhaps for a cup of sugar, and get a picture of this tree. I wouldn't be suprised if a family of bald eagles inhabited the top third of the giant evergreen!
Stay tuned...

Your tree looks super great...wow. How did you get this Redwood tree home? It is decorated so nice.
We have an electronic palm tree that we put a few surfing ornaments on and call it "miller time" that really means "Coors Light" time.
Notice the awesome H.O. Scale train, "The McKinnley Explorer" Joey and Emily sent to Aiden to have underneath his tree--he loves it!
» Post a Comment