We met Barney at Toys R Us
I can not believe that I am posting this online for the world to know...but we met Barney at the Toys R Us on Saturday. Apparently Barney's bus tour made its way to Rt. 59 and his cult following showed up in the thousands...or at least it felt that way while waiting in line for a picture and some chit-chat with the plush purple dinosaur (notice the "weak" sign).I don't know what it is about Barney but he casts a spell over people. I found myself really excited to be standing next to him...perhaps more than most 29-year-old men. I had to pinch myself when getting our picture taken. I was smiling like a little boy who just saw Ryne Sandburg or Michael Jordan for the first time...but this was Barney. Have our kids replaced real-life human role models and heroes for animated and plush-costume wearing carnies?
Anyway, Aiden was in awe and he had a great time meeting his TV buddy. Of course, Aiden had an early Christmas celebration with all the toys we "had" to buy there. It's so much fun seeing him happy.
I think Matt is more excited to see Barney than Aiden! Just wait Matt, Aiden will probably backmail with you that photo - when he learns how to photoshop Kate and himself out of it.
Aunt Joanne
» Post a Comment