It's Been a Hard Days Night
That's right...last night tested the both of us. Looking back on the day we aren't really suprised at how Aiden behaved last night.
He was up for his regular feedings but he just would not go to sleep. He just kept crying and crying and nothing seemed to console him. Finally around 4am after a feeding he came over and slept on my tummy...and we didn't wake up until 6:30am!
Remember I said we weren't suprised...we had guests over yesterday and instead of playing with him and keeping him stimulated, we allowed him to fall asleep in everyone's arms. So we basically had our days and nights reversed.
Today we are going to put Aiden in his little swings and baby papazons and have a little play time. I know...his play time will probably consist of us making funny noises to try and get a reaction out of him.
But watch, someday he'll be entertaining us all. Hopefully the Cubs jersey that Maggy got him will come in handy one day as I groom him to be a tall, lefty pitcher with a wicked split-finger fastball.
Wish us luck tonight and please comment back with any advice you may have for controlling these crying fits.
He was up for his regular feedings but he just would not go to sleep. He just kept crying and crying and nothing seemed to console him. Finally around 4am after a feeding he came over and slept on my tummy...and we didn't wake up until 6:30am!
Remember I said we weren't suprised...we had guests over yesterday and instead of playing with him and keeping him stimulated, we allowed him to fall asleep in everyone's arms. So we basically had our days and nights reversed.
Today we are going to put Aiden in his little swings and baby papazons and have a little play time. I know...his play time will probably consist of us making funny noises to try and get a reaction out of him.
But watch, someday he'll be entertaining us all. Hopefully the Cubs jersey that Maggy got him will come in handy one day as I groom him to be a tall, lefty pitcher with a wicked split-finger fastball.
Wish us luck tonight and please comment back with any advice you may have for controlling these crying fits.
Adien is so lucky to have so many who want to hold and gush over him. I know I can't wait too! Just remember with sleep you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Meaning he needs lots of sleep but he also needs to know the difference between night and day. So rob Paul during the day you can pay Peter at night with lots of sleep for Mommy and Daddy. Try to rouse him if his naps during the day to too long and to frequent. That being said, Babies sleep when they need too, not when you need them too. So Good luck. I am bummed to not be able to see him and you all. What a wonderful expierence in my Good Friends life and I can't be there to see! Darn it! Kiss and hug him lots from his extra family in KY!
Krista
Matt and Katie, you are so lucky that spring training is about over. You two and Adien, a couple of brews, BWW snacks, a couple of more brews, a cigar, etc will keep him and you busy all baseball season. You are so lucky.
Take care and tell Adien to psych up...we are almost there.
love,
paw paw joe and maw maw Claire
We can't wait for the weather to get nicer so we can enjoy the park behind our house. It was packed with people today!
We've noticed a lot of misspellings of our child's name. Maybe it's just quick typing or maybe it is a hard name to remember.
It's Aiden...A-I-D-E-N. I'm sure he'll be spelling it for the rest of his life but we want the family to at least know how to spell his name.
Please don't take this posting the wrong way. It's like the telephone game...the more that stories (or in this case blog postings) get passed along the more likely that the story will change. We don't want that to happen to his name.
I have a great book that I swear by as far as getting babies sleeping through the night. It got my kids under control at about 6 weeks! I'll bring it by when I come. It's called Babywise. Sam had his days and nights mixed up at about 4 weeks. I read the book, and he has been a great sleeper ever since! I am planning on swinging by later this week sans kids. I'll bring lunch with me. I'll call first. Talk to you soon!
Beth
Katie and Matt, I am so sorry! We feel the same way about Kiely Jane's name. SORRY AGAIN! Aiden, Aiden, Aiden, Aiden. Ok now I think I have it. OH and babywise and baby whisiper are great, I used parts of both.
Hope to night gets better.
Krista
Wiskey will do wonders (that's for Aiden), not Dad...wouldn't be all bad for Dad & Mom.
Katie, how did that first beer taste?
Also, what were you going to call HER, if she was a she:)?
Inga
» Post a Comment